<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Music Therapy 

I'm feeling rather sad tonight. I took my cat to the vet for a bit of a check up and they decided to keep him overnight. I didn't think his health was particularly bad. But apparently he's lost 1/3 of his body weight over the past two years. He went from 12 pounds to 8.

I laid down on the grass in the park after the vet appointment and enjoyed the warmth of the sun on my skin. But then I decided to do some shopping therapy instead. You see, I have needed new bras due to my weight loss. Usually, I love buying new bras. But under the circumstances, I was less than thrilled - to have to face my new cup size and grieve the loss of some of my breast mass. So instead of cheering me up, the shopping therapy turned into being a bit of a downer as well.

But I've been listening to "Fido, Your Leash is Too Long" by the Magnetic Fields, and that upbeat tune totally cheers me up. I have it on repeat and just keep listening to it over and over. I can't help bopping my head around to the beat of that song.

Music therapy, that's really what it's all about! ;-)

Comments:
when all else fails music always does it for me. doesn't have to be an uplifting song either, radiohead can do it or even the smiths but, aging punk that i am, i still love putting on the ramones or maybe the sex pistols and letting that rip out my speakers by the throat.
 
You and the cat should go indulge in all your favorite naughty foods together. I know that both of you have a fondness for Macdonald's French Fries, LOL ;)
 
CJ - Thanks for the music recommendations. I picked up two Radiohead songs off of i-Tunes this morning that have enhanced my feelings of sadness nicely. LOL. Seriously, it's cracking me up. But I totally love it.

JennyNYC - I just emailed you this morning. It hadn't dawned on me when writing that post that both the cat and are are experiencing issues with weight loss. There is something highly suspicious about that. ;-)
 
music is the cure all for everything for sure.

i too am losing weight. because i need to get laid in a bad way. lol....and i want to feel better about myself.

don't be sad honey. cheer up! :)
 
i am a 34A. my breasts are practically pimples. i hope that helps make you feel better.
 
I think I'm with CJ on this...I'd add some Dead Kennedy's though to the mix...
 
if it's any consolation smaller boobs are becomming the new attraction.

like i alwasy say, you only need a mouthful!
 
mitzzee & Mussolini & Grumblefish - Thanks for cheering me up.

John B - Well, I don't know about their use for cheering me up. But I'm trying to stay up for a night shift and they successfully keep me awake at night. ;-)

Exile - Only from you can a line like that make me laugh. Where did you ever get the gusto for speaking so brazenly anyway? Anyway... thank you. I think. ;-)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?