<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Road Trip Tunes 

I'm taking the BF out of town for his birthday this coming weekend. This morning, I started to make a mix to play during the four-hour car ride.

I used to make mixed tapes (gasp - yes, I am old enough to remember vinyl as well as the days of cassettes). But I just finally got a computer capable of burning cd's and my dj-ing feels a little rusty. I used to just throw a mix together. Now that it's been awhile, I find I'm putting too much thought into it - like should I play three fast songs then a slower song or keep them all roughly in the same rhythm? LOL. It's a little overkill.

Anyway, anyone got any suggestions for good songs to play on a road trip?

Comments:
You are the goddess of mixed tapes. The ones you made me in college are still my favorite tapes of all time! Your taste and style in music would certainly not benefit from my advice. You are a music genius!
 
"why do you love me?" by garbage
"bad moon rising" by credence clearwater revival

"american idiot" by green day (in fact the whole of Dookie by green day!!!
 
Going the Distance, Cake
 
Maddy - popcorn dance?

Jenny - You're so sweet! But all too flattering!

CJ - LOL. Bad Moon Rising, eh? I am cracking up. Y'all have so much confidence in this romance of mine, don't you? Rasputina does an awesome version of Bad Moon Rising. But I don't think I can bring myself to put it in the mix. My own apprehensions being what they are! LOL. And how about All By Myself by Green Day, while I'm at it? ;-)

Surfergrl - The Distance is a great one to add! And lucky me, I've got the cd!

Debra - I don't know and can't find that one.
 
1st off make sure you have "flow" you can't go from korn to shania twain

2nd i'd recomend throwing in some Tenacious D (wonderboy, kielbasa sausage, fuck her gently...)

if you'd like i can try and e-amil you a few
 
i didn't even ask, what's the destination?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?