<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hanging On 

The movie theater was
cold.
The unboyfriend
leant me his sweater.

As we walked out into the light,
I tried to give it back.

"No, hang onto it."



[Another poem courtesy of the demands of the poetry project I'm doing. Daily poetry adds such a nice new light to my life. BTW I still haven't taken off the sweater. LOL. Though at some point, I'll have to get dressed for night shift tonight. Oh, and please note, my cat's tests all came back relatively normal - his kidney function isn't great, but he's not in kidney failure, which is a HUGE relief as I just went through that with a different cat last year. Thanks for all of the cheering up in the comments of my last post.]

Comments:
Great news about your cat! I often think that as long as my cat is okay, it's a good day :)
 
...and so it begins.
 
"The unboyfriend" strikes me as a really funny concept, though that may not have been your mood when you wrote it? Reminds me of an old commercial for, "The Uncola" - forget what soft drink that was...
 
Jenny - Yes, I am hugely relieved.

Maddy - Thank you for your sweet compliment! And yes, I'm glad my cat is well.

John B - ;-) I hope so.

Darius - The "unboyfriend" word was chosen to find humor and/or make light of the fact that the guy I've been dating wasn't ready to be my boyfriend. I kind of like the word. Though I am also happy to say I can no longer refer to him in that way after my conversation with him last night. ;-)
 
i'm glad you took the sweater, i used to hate it when i would try and be a gentleman and give a girl my jacket only to have her flat out refuse it.

you feel like a total jackass when that happens.

glad to hear your kitty is in good shape, and i'm also glad to hear that your cat is ok.
 
i love your cat. hell, i love everybody's cat. hope you're doing well and oh, that sweater is smashing on you. ;)
 
the poem is ubber cool. witty and smart. more please.
don't be embarrassed. youre good.
 
I liked it too... now go like mine :-)

http://www.lulu.com/content/300853
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?