<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 30, 2006

What Abstinence Tastes Like 

Today marks 6 months without sex. No, that does not add up to the same amount of time that I have been single. C and I stopped having sex months before the breakup manifested overtly.

I have been dating someone for over three weeks now. And yes, my six months of abstinence have remained intact despite this as well - not out of lack of feeling intensely attracted to and smitten with this person. And despite that one angst-ridden post that has since been deleted (LOL), I genuinely like this person quite a bit. He is thoughtful, smart, charming, fun, creative, honest, brave... and it doesn't hurt that he is cute and sexy, too.

As I mentioned in my last post, JennyNYC and I are working on a poetry project together. How it works is that we send one poem to each other every day. Keep in mind, I haven't written poetry in any kind of serious way since I was about 13. *smile* But after my last date, I wrote the following poem. In honor of my abstinence anniversary, I thought I would share it.


What Abstinence Tastes Like

[2am New York Time
This poem is slipped under the clock's door
of changed zones.]

The heat tonight was sweltering
between my legs
between his legs
his legs between my legs

his jeans against my corduroy
my hair caught in his five o'clock shadow
his tongue in my mouth
my tongue in his ear

me on top
then he on top
then me on top some more

[the clock ticks closer to Sunday.
my six month anniversary of abstinence.
That date may yet be honored.
As we still haven't had sex.]


These poems, as they are also daily correspondence with my dear friend Jenny, sometimes sound a bit "newsier" than poetry I am used to. Yet at the same time, the element of poetry reveals much more than I would have shared in a standard email. It's a fun format - hybrid email-poetry.

Comments:
It's been lots of fun! Writing everyday takes the pressure off having to write anything magnificent. I love to see what is on your mind as well as my own!
 
A bittersweet taste i is...your poem brought me back to those blinding ravenous times and left me wondering how I got so blasé...;)
btw: thanks for stopping by.
 
Holy crap, you're back! Yaay!
 
oooo! i do like this "poem"...Sexy!

it can be fun to wait...and tease each other :)

But it looks like we had different hungers...mine i satiated with cereal;)
 
JennyNYC - Yes, I had no idea how much I'd enjoy our poetry exchanges. It's channeling my creativity in a new direction, which is always a thrill.

John B - Yes "blindingly ravenous" pretty much sums it up. :-)

F - I'm highly flattered and entertained by your enthusiasm!

Dr. Vodka - yes, the waiting has been fun - well, the what we're doing during the waiting anyway. LOL. I wish my hunger was as easy to satiate. ;-)
 
LOVE THE POEM!

glad things seem to be good for you and your new beau....hope it all works out. just have fun and enjoy life...lalalalalalla xo
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?