<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Girlfriends 

Tuesday night, I went with my friends Mari and Sharon to a clothing swap. Somehow, there is a certain energy at clothing swaps that seems reminiscent of my childhood slumber parties.


This photo was taken back in 1981 at a slumber party for my tenth birthday (yes, I realize I am giving my age away here). ;-) Anyway, that is me in the center. No, the other two gals are NOT Mari and Sharon. Though if they were, Mari would certainly be the gal who is winking. ;-)

Part of why I've included this photo and am writing about this ocassion is because my last post reminded me of how great it is to have girlfriends - you all were so supportive. I really wasn't expecting that response. So thank you! Cheers to girlfriends!

I scored big at the slumber party (oops - I mean clothing swap). LOL.

You see, for those of you who are not familiar, you bring in a bag of clothing that you no longer want (all of it has to be somewhat nice and style-y). And then you trade your clothes in for items other people have brought with them. I love it for several reasons.

1) I don't feel as guilty getting rid of something I've spent some money on, because I get to see someone else's enthusiasm in finding it at the swap. These are frequently items that I like, but don't wear and thus was just hanging onto.

2) I get fun, new-to-me clothes for FREE.

I had been eyeing one of Mari's shirts for months and she had finally decided to bring it in to the swap. But she was nice enough to just hand it to me when she walked in, so I didn't have to wrestle with any of the other gals for it.

Even if I didn't get to wrestle anyone, I still had a good time. ;-)

Clothing swaps are awesome! Try it! You'll like it!

Comments:
oh god!
you are sooooooooo old!
at least two years older than my daughter.
guess that makes me positively ANCIENT!!!! lol
 
very cute photo!

you have always had an awesome style!

loved thrift store shopping w/you in college!
 
CJ - I thought it was just the lady-like thing to do to keep her age to herself! ;-)

Jenny - by "awesome style," you must mean, I was already wearing low-cut shirts and bending over by the age of 10. ;-)

Debra - Oh yes, there was most definitely wine and nudity and lots of compliments. That's the best part!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?