<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Bath Was Too Hot 

After getting off from work tonight, I decided to take a bath. Usually, I can sit in the bath until the water turns tepid. But this bath was a little too hot. Desperate to cool off, I briefly contemplated how much of my body would fit into the cold water of the toilet bowl. Instead, I stood up, out of the water and leaned into the cool, marble tiles of my shower stall. The shock of cold against my back felt surprisingly good. I leaned until the cold faded to cool and then shifted my body, so fresh skin met the rock tiles. After making a full 360 turn, my body pressed against the cold, I laid back down into the tub. The heat felt nice again. But within minutes, I was again overheated. This was the first time I ever quit a home bathing experience while the water was still so warm. As I let the tub drain, I leaned my ass into the tile, hands on the edge of the tub and followed the decline of water as it fell below my calves to my ankles to the soles of my feet. As I straightened my body out, I left the cool marble tile and the warm tub floor and withdrew into the 97.6 or so temperature of me. Still feeling overheated, I wrapped myself in a towel and headed straight for the open window. But the 12 inches of screen barely let a draft of air through. I opened the window wide and leaned my body out. Finally. The breeze brushed over my skin like a welcome, anticipated caress. A droplet of water fell from my hair and down my back.

Worrying my exhibitionist self was enjoying the scenery of cars riding by a little too much, I retreated back into my home.

It feels so good to be alive.

Comments:
When my bath is too hot, I drain some water and add cool water.

"Women live in liquids
Blood, sweat, tears..."

-Duane Michaels, gay poet, photographer, and artist
 
Mari - I love the way you make me giggle. ;-)

Jenny - That was too obvious of a solution to my dilemma, apparently. LOL.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?